"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
My age is showing today, as I say good-bye to David Bowie, English singer/songwriter/musician/producer who died peacefully today, surrounded by friends and family. He battled cancer for 18 months. David was an icon, incredibly creative, with abstract ideas and lyrics that always caught the world by surprise.
I liked him because he was different and he didn't apologize for it. But who doesn't like a rebel? There are many reasons to remember him, but here are several quotes and lyrics that will make you think about your own life.
1. "The truth is of course that there is no journey. We are all arriving and departing at the same time."
2. "Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
3. "I've never responded well to entrenched negative thinking."
4. "We can be heroes, just for one day."
5. "As you get older, the questions come down to about two or three. How long? And what do I do with the time I've got left?"
6. "I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring."
7. "Sometimes I don't feel as if I'm a person at all. I'm just a collection of other people's ideas."
8. "All my big mistakes are when I try to second-guess or please an audience. My work is always stronger when I get very selfish about it."
9. "Never look back, walk tall, act fine."
Click here to read an article in Irish Times.