Fabulous@50 and the YWCA bringing talent to you! - All our spots are filled for this year! Thanks everyone. Come out and support the ladies!
We have joined together in hosting a Baby Boomer Talent Search on Oct 25th.
The talent search is for for women 40 plus, we want talented women who has never stepped out in the limelight and want to step on stage. So start warming up your chops, get your tap shoes on and get a chance to share your talent with us. Prizes will be awards to all participants and grand prize to top performers. Judges will be the fabulous Rhea March, Robyne Walters and Zandra Bell (judge and MC)
SINGERS • DANCERS • COMEDIANS • JUGGLERS • ACROBATS • MAGICIANS
PLEASE READ THE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
BELOW OR Download PDF.
Audition Night is October 25th
at the Yellowhead Brewery (8 pm). Top 3 performers will perform on Saturday November 3rd at the Fabulous@50 Experience at the Mayfield Trade Centre.
An application must be filled out and emailed or faxed
to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-284-8659. Once we receive will contact you to give you further details. Deadline for applications is October 15th, 2012.
Buy your tickets in advance for $10.00 or pay $15.00 at door. (CASH SALES ONLY AT DOOR)
To purchase tickets for November 3rd tradeshow.
Swag bag sponsors:
BG Nails, Bedouin Beats and Princess Florence Handbags, Fabulous@50.
What are the rules for the competition?
STEP 1: TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND SAY YES!
- Eligible participants must be residents of Alberta (boundaries are from Red Deer and North).
- The Open Auditions will be looking for acts and performers that are entertaining, promising and fulfill the general rules of judging which include: natural ability, quality of performance, showmanship and audience appeal.
- Performers must audition with the act they intend to use in the competition. NO CHANGES after audition (with the exception of wardrobe) are permitted.
- Baton twirlers or similar acts using batons, fire, machetes, knives, etc will not be accepted.
- All competitors must be female, 40 years of age and older.
- All performances must be NO LONGER THAN 4 1/2 minutes in length.
- Group acts may not exceed 5 members.
- Vocalists using a tape or CD must not have any vocal backup whatsoever, including themselves.
- This contest is open to musicians, singers and entertainers who do not perform on a professional level.
- Performers cannot be employed, or reside with an employee of, or are a parent, sibling or child of an employee of the Fabulous@50 or YWCA organizations.
- The winner of this year’s event will not be eligible for future contests.
STEP 2: Send in Application - Agree to Rules
STEP 3: Choose a Song or Act
· You are responsible for obtaining full performance rights to the song being performed.
· Fabulous@50 and the YWCA are not responsible for verifying the copyright/licensing status for the entries we receive.
STEP 4: Perform at the Pub Night Auditions on October 25th at Yellowhead Brewery. Registration is 7:15 pm, and performances will start at 8:00 pm.
STEP 5: Top 3 Performers will attend the Fabulous@50 Tradeshow on November 3rd, at the Mayfield Tradeshow. This winners will be decided by a panel of judges.
*By entering the contest, you give the the YWCA and Fabulous@50 the right to display the video on the Fabulous@50 and YWCA website and on any other website for public viewing.
Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the contest, it means that you fully and unconditionally agree to these Official Rules and Procedures, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest.
Finalist Requirements: All participants selected for the final round of voting will be invited to perform at a Fabulous@50 Experience - Saturday, November 3 2012, where the grand prize winner will be announced. Finalists must provide their own transportation to the event and their own accommodations.
General Conditions: Fabulous@50 and the YWCA reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest, or any part of it, if any factors impair its integrity or proper functioning, as determined by Fabulous@50 and the YWCA in its sole discretion.
Fabulous@50 and the YWCA, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated submissions.
Notification: If your submission is chosen for the finalist round, you will be notified at the auditions on October 25, 2012 at Yellowhead Brewery, 10229-105 st. Edmonton. All performers must register by 7:15 pm. The top 3 will be asked to perform on November 3rd, at the Mayfield Trade Centre, for the Fabulous@50 Experience. The grand prize winner will be announced on November 3, 2012
1. Submissons to organizers
October 15, 2012
2. Perform at Pub Night Auditions
October 25, 2012 – Yellowhead Brewery. 10229 105 Street Northwest Edmonton, AB T5J 3L5
3. Top 3 Perform at Fabulous@50 Experience
November 3rd, 2012, Mayfield Trade Centre, 4:00 pm