Karaoke Party... sing for your supper!
It's time to rock the house with a killer KARAOKE PARTY! Just pass the mic, along with some awesome cocktails and bites, and your guests will be begging for an encore.
• Rent a Karaoke Machine.
• Create a song menu. Use colored cardstock, print out a list of available tunes and put one at each place setting.
• Decorate with bright colors. Red, Pink, Purple, Yellow. Fill a big glass bowl with clappers, maracas, tamborines, kazoos, drumsticks. Use colorful CD cases for coasters.
• Dress Up. Ask your guests to dress up as their favorite singer or have everyone wear a band t-shirt. (Value Village always has a great selection) Wigs, disco theme is always fun too.
• Gifts. Take pictures throughout the evening and slip into a CD cover for your guests to take home with them.
• Theme Cocktail. Marilyn Monroe Martini, margarita or a big tub of beer.
• Food. Potluck is always great and easy on the host. How about some Surf and Turf Tacos, or Mini Burgers.
Gather your friends and family to a movie in your own backyard, just like the old days at the drive-in theatre. (Except the car)
• Rent a projector for the night. Put up a big sheet on a wall for the screen. Make sure to do a test run.
• Choose Movies. Pick two just to be safe.
• Blankets, lawnchairs, mats. Have your guest bring items to keep them comfy and warm.
• Decorate. Candles, lanterns, christmas lights or rope lights.
• Get the Scoop. Create a concession stand, filling glass bowls and jars with candy and snacks. Provide little wooden or old-fashioned scoops for your guests to fill their little bags or paper cups with JuJubes, licorce, smarties. Paper lunch bags are great for popcorn (make ahead).
• Food. Nachos, Coleslaw and spare-ribs or wings. Think finger food.
• Theme Cocktail: A cooler filler with soda and beer. Ice-cream sodas are fun too.